Friday, November 9, 2007

Reflections of What I Saw

I saw an elderly couple today (dare I call them old? but that is just not politically correct even though when I'm old you better damn well call me old).
Hand in Hand they walked. He had a hat which had that look my husband's hats do. And She, shorter than he, but not terribly so in so much that if they sat side by side she would find a sweet shelter under his arm smooshed into that space where his arm shoulder and side meet. (such heat which radiates from this spot)
I don't know where they were going and it is to each observer to decided upon their fate, but I suppose that if it were him and I we would be going no where, well no where in particular.
Just to walk.
To feel my bones creek and my knee joints rock back and forth with time.
To hold his hand, so large and masculine. Just as much as it does now, I know then it will enfold my small frail fingers with confidence and compassion.
I dont worry what we'll say, or what I will think of him then. Will I love? Will I fodder down into a placid pool of convenience? Will I see him? No ,See him?
To what it may be I will think what I will, for with time wisdom shall spring forth. It will then be up to me to say yes to wisdom or turn a cataract-filled eye away.
Death be not proud said Donne,
and I shall take heed now listening to wisdoms soft quiet wisper of
Life!
Love!

shhhhhh.....quiet now,
soft sleep shall take you home