Sunday, August 9, 2009

To begining again again

In conversation with some new found friends, potentially if luck will dedicate some time to my life then friends here in portland, I found myself with out excuse for writing . She, an unexpected "mom blogger" was taking the time she had to write out a blog of just the happenstances of her current life. My husband looked at me and mentioned how if only his wife would take more time during the day I could easily be one of the million of mom bloggers. Though he had no emphasis on the number of mom blogs I have to detail this fact. There is this feeling, one that I wonder if much of my generation feels, that I have yet again missed the party boat. The boat in which there is a whole gaggle of people making money or if anything being recognized for their success. So many movies today idealized the hippie era, the time of living life to what ever it meant to you, Woodstock and all it's music revolutionizing homes via radio and no we can only imagine what that world would be like. And then we all missed the dot com era, we were being introduced to computers and learning their new games, and then downloading music off of Napster while silicon valley grew, expanded and dwindled. What's next? What is there for us to accomplish and stand on top of America's capitalistic mountain with? Oooh! I want to write. I want to be published and become a writer, I'm going to post my own words on my own website for all to read. Gosh, now I'm David Duchovany in Californication hating the idea of writing for a blog, but still writing in a blog. I suppose writing is writing.
I guess my new found friend is at least finding use not only for her degree but for her desires and feelings. Who cares who subscribes to my blog and who doesn't right? Rather than sit back and protest those who are making their desires happen (while possibly making a buck or two) should I not be inspired to do the same? Just because they did it first and thus have created a valuable market, does that mean I have to throw the towel in? Maybe, maybe not. I suppose if we were doing better (or if I felt more secure) in our financial position I would not be so captivated with the American way of marketing what I want to do in order to convince others that they need or like what I do in order to make a profit. So. For the sake that my husbands words are so valuable to me and that he said he'd read what ever I wrote I'll start this blog up again and see what I can make happen. Not for others but for the sake that I love writing, I love to read a book that captivates me so entirely all I can think of is wanting to create like they've created.
For now this is the start and it's a grand start! Hopefully Becky you'll be interested in my on going unpunctuaed run on sentence sentences.
Cheers!

No comments: